Camping hammocks are sweet Camping Hammocks are Fun and Functional


Camping Hammocks are Fun and Functional

Camping hammocks are sweet! The first time I used one was a few years ago up in the Bitterroot Mountains about 2 hours outside of Lewiston, Idaho. I was along with my son's Boy Scout troop for a 3 day adventure. We hiked about 8 miles the first day, but didn't make it to our planned camp site. When it started getting dark and everyone was feeling tired, sore, and worn out from a long day on the trail, we decided to just set up camp at a wide spot along the trail. The boys started unpacking their tents, fighting with poles, tarps and also the rest of the traditional paraphernalia.


Before leaving I had purchased 1 of the camping hammocks that was designed with light weight hiking in mind. Before you could whistle Dixie, I had picked out two most likely trees and strung my hammock in between them. I secured my gear, some of which went at my feet inside the insect covering that was an integral part of my new home away from home. I settled in and rapidly realized that whilst everyone else was fussing around, I was ready for sleep. And boy did I need it!



The following morning the sun broke early and felt hot. There are various types of camping hammocks, and the 1 I had offered a bit of protection from the direct rays from the sun, but still got hot too quickly for it to be comfortable to linger very long in bed. So, up I got. Stowing all my gear was a fast and easy process that basically just involved untying the hammock, rolling it up, stuffing it back into its stuff sack, loading my pack and waiting for everyone else to gather up their stuff.


Spending the night in camping hammocks is really a real pleasure simply because you don't have to deal with attempting to sleep on hard ground. My night had been restful, easy, and comfortable. As others were complaining about the odd rock or root that kept them tossing and turning throughout the night, I quietly enjoyed the fact that I hadn't had to deal with any of that.


If you're camping inside a place that doesn't require you to hike far, you might want to consider hammocks like the one made by Algoma. Their foldaway hammock and stand combination is perfect for this sort of camping. It attributes a bed made out of weather resistant polyester fabric and has a canopy below the bed made out of mesh. This really is a really handy place to store things inside easy reach. It has a collapsable powder coated stand along with a storage bag with a shoulder strap. It measures 89" Long x 39.5" Wide x 31" Higher and weighs 29 pounds. It does include a carry strap too so transporting it about is easy. For camping hammocks under $100 bucks, this 1 is a good one to consider.



Camping hammocks under the $50 price range are varied. 1 of my favorites is the KingCord camping hammock. It's strong and will support as much as 300 pounds. It is light weight and includes a pouch to stuff it into. The cool thing about this hammock is that it's made out of vibrant, multicolored parachute nylon that is fun and functional.


Camping hammocks add a brand new dimension to your camping encounter and are well worth trying. They are fast to set up, light to carry and very comfortable!

MJ is really a freelance writer for Clickshops, Inc. where you can find a great selection of camping hammocks for your camping and recreational fun at www.hammockpotato.com.

LINKS: 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10